Meet Diane Burks
As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Clinical Forensic Counselor and Nationally Certified Parenting Coordinator, Diane Burks is committed to designing and implementing unique and innovative programs that reach beyond traditional treatment to heal the lives of children and families who have experienced significant trauma and complex disorders and help them reach their potential and thrive. Over her 30 years of service in Indiana, Diane and the programs she has developed have won numerous national and local awards.
Programs for Everyone!
Kids and Families
Serving Children, Youth and Adolescents, ages 5 through 17 years, adults, and their families with assessment, traditional therapy, group therapy, play therapy, individual therapy, family therapy and unique equine experiences.
- The Explorers are 13-18 year old youth who have participated in Diane’s programs who choose to stay connected to “pass it forward” through leadership, mentoring and community service. The Explorers meet monthly at members’ homes or Strides to renew their Pledge, plan service, address challenges, learn leadership, and socialize. The Explorers completely support themselves with their projects and the support of parents who provide food and supplies. Parent participation is encouraged and parents are always welcome.
Pre- and Post-Adoption Adjustment and Stabilization
- Working off the model of Understanding Kids from the Inside Out: Helping parents understand the development of their adopted children and adjust parenting to meet their needs and stabilize the family process. This program offers unique services that enable children to make these difficult transitions, re-develop in new systems, stabilize and maintain. There's also an Adoptive Mothers Group, providing support, resources, education and self-care for mothers. Meets Wednesday at 10:00-11:30am. All are Welcome; food and drinks welcome, too!
Training & Consultation
- Internships for Senior Bachelor level students
- In-service staff development
- Clinical Supervision and Case Consultation
- Workshops for Professionals and Parents
- Child and Family Development: Applications in Treatment Models
- Understanding Kids from the Inside Out
- Development in Equine Mental Health Program
The Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board has approved Diane A. Burks, LLC and Strides to Success to provide Category I Continuing Education for LSW, LCSW, LMFT, and LMHC. Licensees must judge the program’s relevance to their professional practice.
What You Need to Know
Sessions are by appointment only, Monday through Thursday: 1:00 – 7:00pm and are 45-60 minutes. Intake forms can be accessed as PDFs below. Please bring all forms to your first session.
- Adult Intake (must be completed by participating parents)
- Youth and Adolescent Intake
(Parents with Joint Custody must both sign consent for treatment of a minor child. Both can sign the Intake form or use an additional Consent for Treatment form.)
- Insurance Information
- Financial Contract
Payment Options for All!
- MasterCard, Visa, checks and cash are accepted for payment.
- Payment is required following each session.
I accept these Insurance Companies
- United Healthcare
- Value Options Please check your policy before scheduling. Clients are responsible for deductibles, co-insurance and co-payments.
Quite a Unique Location
Diane’s Office is located at 1350 Terry Drive on the 35 acre Strides to Success Farm in Plainfield, Indiana
Strides to Success is a premier PATH accredited facility and the first Equine Facilitated Mental Health accredited facility in the United States. Because horses are incredible, insightful and sensitive animals, they make great learning and therapeutic partners. We welcome your inquiries and visits.
View Larger Map
Call 317-294-7691 (Confidential Voicemail)
1350 Terry Drive
Plainfield, Indiana 46168
You can fax a message to Diane at 317-838-7024, or send an email.