Understanding Kids from the Inside Out
Foster, Adoptive, Kinship Parents,
This One is For You!
Heritage Foster Support, Inc. and Diane A. Burks and Strides to Success are hosting this unique seminar designed just for foster, adoptive and kinship parents to help you better understand your children, parent more effectively and stabilize and strengthen your families.
Understanding Child Development: the Delays, Disruptions and Disorders Caused by Trauma, the effects of:
- Prenatal Drug and Alcohol Use: FASD, FAE, Addiction
- Pre- and Post-Natal Effects of Trauma, Physical and Sexual Abuse and Neglect and Domestic Violence
- Perception: through the eyes of traumatized children
- The Survival Pack: All the stuff I come with that kept me alive
- The Big Five: Attachment Disorders, ADHD, Mood Disorders, PTSD, Learning Delays and Disorders
- The “Little Things” that Drive You Nuts, but Nobody Ever Told You About
- Sensory Sensitivity: Sight, Sounds, Smells, Tactile
- Food, Food, and More Food
- Regulating Closeness and Distance
- Effective Parenting: Safety Plans
- Structuring with Routines and Rituals
- Rhythmic Patterns & Sounds, Repetition
- Light Touch Massage
- Creating Calm in Chaos
- Keeping Yourself from Going Crazy
- Parent Time Outs
- Respite Care
- Parents Night Out
This event takes place Thursday and Friday October 13 and 14, 2011 from 9 am to 4 pm. am
Join us at 1350 Terry Drive, Plainfield.
Lunch and snacks are provided!
Call 317-294-7691 with questions.
This event is $40 per person or couple and grants training credits!